One Saturday afternoon, the sky was stunning, painted with clouds. I set off around 4 pm: Duran Pass, then the enjoyable Staulanza Pass, on towards Giau Pass, followed by Falzarego, with the inevitable detour to the beautiful moon-landscape of Valparola Pass.
I descend along a few bends on the north-facing side before turning back to complete the Falzarego. Given the time, I don’t miss the chance to climb up to the Fedaia Pass to enjoy the sunset up there, taking in the view of the lake and (what remains of) the glacier.
I am back home after 9 pm, it' dark... but my mind is still illuminated by these landscapes; I've seen them many times, I've ridden there many times, but I still find thrilling and enchanting being there every single time.
(more than 300km ride)
|
Un sabato pomeriggio, cielo bellissimo con i dipinti delle nuvole. Parto verso le 16: Passo Duran, poi il divertente Passo Staulanza, via verso il Passo Giau, seguito dal Falzarego, con immancabile allungo verso il bellissimo e lunare Passo Valparola.
Scendo per un po' di curve sul versante nord, prima di tornare indietro e completare il Falzarego. Visto l'orario, non mi perdo l'occasione di salire sul Passo Fedaia e gustarmi il tramonto lassù, godendomi la vista del lago e (di quel che rimane) del ghiacciaio.
Ritorno a casa dopo le 21, ormai con il buio, con la mente ancora illuminata da questi paesaggi che ho visto molte volte, ma che trovo ogni volta emozionanti e incantevoli.
(giretto da più di 300km)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment