Sunday, May 17, 2020

SPEEDING! (Covid19 Tale #6)

I was dying for a PROPER ride. Needed it. Wanted it. And I had the new M9RR to test the way I mean.

Another of those planetary alignments happened today: free time, sunny, warm... WOW!
The lockdown is loosening, you can ride to go somewhere... like hiking to a mountain. I thought to pack my hiking gear just to play the good dude, but in the end I went like, I don't give a fuck!

The original plan was to reach northern Dolomites, but the rain of last night probably left unpleasant roads to ride on, so I switched to something more local... and got my great surprises!

I left with no intention to take it easy or tour around: I wanted to have fun, I wanted some speed... and I needed much of it!

First climb: Monte Grappa.
Wow, on the top, despite the hut still closed, there was such a massive gathering: dozen of hikers, dozen of riders... for fuck sake, I attended underground metal gigs with LESS people than the crowd up there this morning! I was supposed to leave quickly but two mates arrived on their two Ducati, so we spend a pleasant half a hour chatting and laughing. But then, hey, duty calls, and off I rode to continue what I had in mind.

Having climbed the mount from south side, I decided to go down through the north one... not really for the road, but to get to another area, where I could catch the pass I wanted to do. It was quite a long time I didn't ride that tarmac... and hey... what a blast! Ok, the second part is narrow and not really fast, but the upper part is a pure blast with a superb landscape!

Climbed down on the north side, I leaded East to catch the San Boldo Pass: another road I usually check out on the southern side only.... but hey... the climb from the north, again, it was pure madness! Fast with amazing corners! I shall remember I don't need to get that far from my headquarter to find rockin' and rollin' corners!

In the end I pointed back west, attacking what I had in mind: the Valdobbiadene vineyards back road, with those amazing corners, freely offered to myself only... as there was almost no traffic around!

A final sector giving enough space to speed up well over 200kph and I returned back to the garage.

Purest thrill of the speed. A ride that definitely put me back to where I want to be: physically, psychologically, restoring the corrects level of adrenaline my body and my mind are asking for!

Some side notes:

-Having a 'take away beer' on the top of the pass... just sitting outside enjoying it (as it would have happened before!): ORGASMIC!

-The M9RR are AMAZING. They damn fit my riding style. They give me a lot (or way too much) confidence... they ask me to dare more and they let me do that. Probably the very first street tires giving me a feeling way similar to slick tires mounted on the race bike in a racetrack!

-I crossed an big amount of fellow riders. World is getting back to normality... but what amazed me was the WAVING. I've always waved or waved back, it's one of the basic rules of motorcycling, isn't it? But every rider I crossed ways today wasn't simply waving at me.... I wasn't simply waving at him/her... there was a special feeling on those two fingers out... it exuded some kind of 'we are back, mate!'. No doubt: if we weren't riding different ways, if we were standing still, face to face, with every rider I crossed ways today.... trust me, we would have embraced each others, like brothers or best friends meeting back again after some disaster. We would have been like, glad you're alive and glad you're back doing what you love and MUST do!
Morivo dalla voglia di farmi un vero giro in moto. Ne avevo bisogno. Lo volevo. E dovevo provare le nuove M9RR nel modo opportuno.

Ed ecco un altro di quegli allineamenti planetari! Oggi: tempo libero, sole, caldo... WOW!
Il lockdown si sta allentando, puoi andare in moto per recarti inc erti posti... tipo andare a fare hiking in montagna. Ho anche pensato di caricare sulla moto scarponi e abbigliamento da hikinh, tanto per far finta di essere uno di quelli rispettuosi, ma alla fine mi sono detto 'fanculo'!

Il piano originale era raggiungere le Dolomiti, ma la pioggia della notte scorsa aveva probabilmente reso le strade poco piacevoli, quindi ho scelto un percorso più locale... con grandi sorprese!

Sono partito con nessuna intenzione di andare piano o fare il mototurista: volevo divertirmi, volevo velocità... tanta velocità!

Prima salita: Monte Grappa.
WOW, in cima, nonostante il rifugio ancora chiuso, c'era un massiccio assembramento: dozzine di escursionisti, dozzine di motocilistici... cazzo, sono stato a concerti metal underground con MENO gente! Volevo andarmene subito, ma due amici con le loro Ducati sono apparsi dal nulla, quindi ci siamo lasciati andare a mezzora di chiacchiere e risate. Ma poi, hey, il dovere chiama, quindi sono risalito in sella per fare quello che avevo in mente.

Avendo risalito la montagna da sud, ho optato per una ridiscesa sul versante nord... non tanto per la strada, ma per arrivare in una zona dalla quale poi potevo prendere il passo che volevo fare. Era tanto che non facevo quel versante... e... che meraviglia! OK, la seconda parte e stretta e poco veloce, ma la parte in alto è una meraviglia di pieghe scorrevoli con, tra le altre cose, un panorama mozzafiato!

Una volta a valle, zona Feltre, ho putnato verso est per fare il Passo San Boldo: un'altra strada che di solito percorro sul versante sud... ma quella salita da nord non la cirodavo così divertente, pazzesca! Veloce e con curve favolose! Dovrei iniziare a ricordarmi che non ho bisogno di allontanarmi tanto dal quartier generale per trovare curve toste!

Poi di nuovoi verso ovest, per fare quello che avevo in mente: la strada in collina dei vigneti di Valdobbiadene, con quelle curve favolose, completamente a mia disposizione in quanto il traffico era pressoché inesistente!

Un settore finale con spazio a sufficenza per spingeresi un paio di volte oltre i 200km/h... e poi di ritorno al garage.

Puro brivido della velocità. Un giro che mi ha rimesso definitivamente dove voglio essere: fisicamente, psicologicamente, ripristinando il giusto livello di adrenalina che corpo e mente richiedono!

Alcune note importanti:

-Bersi una 'birra da asporto' sul passo... stando fuori (come sarebbe successo comunque): ORGASMO!

-Le M9RR sono FAVOLOSE. Si adattano perfettamente al mio stile di guida. Mi danno tanta (forse troppa) confidenza... mi chiedono di osare di più e me lo lasciano fare. Forse le prime gomme da strada che mi danno sensazioni simili alle slick montate sulla moto da pista!

-Ho incrociato tantissimi motocilisti. Il mondo sembra tornare alla normalità... ma quello che mi ha emozionato è stato il saluto. Ho sempre salutato e risposto al saluto di un motociclista, è una delle regole basi del motociclismo, giusto? Ma ogni motociclista che ho incrociato oggi non mi stava semplicemente salutando.... io non lo stavo semplicemente salutando.... c'era una sensazione speciale in quelle due dita fuori... trasudavano qualcosa come 'hey amico, siamo tornati!'. Lo giuro: se non fossimo stati in sella alla rispettive moto, in direzioni opposte, se fossimo stati fermi, faccia a faccia... sarebbero piovuti abbracci, come fratelli o migliori amici che si vedono per la prima volta dopo un disastro. Qualcosa come 'sono felice di vederti vivo, sono felice di vederti fare quel che ti piace e DEVI fare!'
From Monte Grappa
From Monte Grappa
From Monte Grappa
Road North Side of Monte Grappa
Road North Side of Monte Grappa
Road North Side of Monte Grappa
THAT BEER!
Passo San Boldo
Passo San Boldo
Passo San Boldo
Valdobbiadene Hills
Valdobbiadene Hills
Valdobbiadene Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment