Thursday, September 10, 2020

Another late summer day off...

A strange summer. The chaos embracing the whole planet changed all plans, changed all work related schedules... finding a day for myself got harder and harder. But yesterday I managed to set myself free, and the weather was brilliant across the whole Dolomites. That's where I rode to!
Un'estate stranissima. Il caos che avvolge il pianeta ha cambiato tutti i piani, ha cambiato ogni impegno lavorativo... rendendo sempre più difficile trovare un giorno libero per andare in moto. Ma ieri mi sono liberato, è stata dura ma ce l'ho fatta! Un giorno libero ed un meteo perfetto su tutte le Dolomiti. Ed è li che sono andato!
For some reason I wanted to cross the whole Valparola pass... maybe because I love the moon alike landscape surrounding up there. So the route with that destination in mind became almost obvious:
Per qualche ragione volevo fare tutto il passo Valparola... forse perché amo quel paesaggio lunare lassù. Quindi il percorso è nato con quell'obiettivo diventando quasi ovvio:


  • Passo Duran
  • Passo Valparola
  • Passo Giau
  • Passo Falzarego
  • Passo Valparola

 

Once up there, having in mind to descend the pass on the northern side, aiming toward The Sella Group (a plateau-shaped massif in the Dolomites) became a logic choice, taking it counterclockwise:

Una volta arrivato sul Valparola, volendo discendere sul versante nord, il Gruppo del Sella è diventato praticamente una scelta logica, affrontando il gruppo in senso antiorario:


  • Passo Gardena
  • Passo Sella
  • Passo Pordoi
The next pass would have been the Campolongo, to complete the Sella loop, but I don't love it much and, moreover, I wanted to go east toward the Marmolada. Once there I did the Fedaia Pass up to the top and back, as my day was ending and I hadn't the time (or the light visor with me) to face all the other passes that would be waiting next (either San Pellegrino-Rolle or Costalunga-Lavazé-Manghen). Next time I must get rid of my commitments and leave earlier in the morning!

9 passes. 360km. Enjoy the pics I've taken:
Il prossimo passo sarebbe stato il Campolongo, per completare il giro del Sella, ma non mi piace molto e, inoltre, volevo andare verso est, verso la Marmolada. A quel punto sono salito sul Fedaia e poi tornato indietro in quanto il mio giorno stava finendo (e non avevo la visiera chiara con me!) e non bastava per affrontare gli altri passi che sarebbero venuti dopo (ad esempio San Pellegrino-Rolle oppure Costalunga-Lavazé-Manghen). La prossima volta devo liberarmi prima e partire più presto!

9 passi. 360km. Ecco un po' di foto:

aaaaaa

 








Air or road, as long as it is BLACK









Marmolada glacier


Fedaia

Fedaia




No comments:

Post a Comment