Sunday, March 5, 2023

New Skin.

I could not believe! It is true! Clothes do shrink.
Ok, if you roughly push into the wash machine and wash your partner's wool sweater at 666°C together with your mechanic uniform incredibly dirty after that filthy oil change on grandpa's old bike, it's ok, no surprises: the sweater will die... (you will probably die as well).
But we all know that.

What I really didn't know was that motorcycle leathers shrink too! I can prove it!!

Non ci potevo credere! È vero! I vestiti si restringono!
Ok, se cacci in lavatrice e lavi il maglione di lana della tua compagna a 666°C assieme alla tua tuta da meccanico usata per un luridissimo cambio dell'olio alla vecchia moto del nonno, ci sta... il maglione morirà... e molto probabilmente tu farai la stessa fine.
Ma questa è cosa nota!

Quel che davvero non sapevo era che anche le tute in pelle da motociclista si restringono! LO GIURO!

Hell, I bought my Dainese model Star in 1997 or 1998, custom tailor made to fit me: the guy at the shop enjoyed without restraint touching me all the way to measure every single inch of my body... and after about a month or two I got my beautiful leather suit 'sewn' around my body, the body of twenty plus years old man.
It costed me a fortune back then, heck, it was custom made after all... so now I cannot understand why this suit doesn't fit me anymore! How can that be possible? Hell, it shrunk, especially around the belly zone! CRAZY.
Moreover, the issue of the shrunk suit forced me using the one piece racing leather even on the street... which is extremely comfortable while you ride... extremely uncomfortable when you stop... especially if you have to rush to the toilet!

So, I stopped lying to me: I finally accepted I needed new leathers!

Despite this incredible issue experienced with my old Dainese Star, I've always been loyal to the brand. After all, the Star one saved my life few times. So did the one piece racing one, another Dainese unit, autographed by His Majesty Marco Lucchinelli (1981 FIM Road Racing World Champion with Suzuki and a MotoGP Legend).

So, making sure to go a few sizes up, I once again put my trust in Dainese.

So, below, my older leathers... some signs of the time... and ... Ladies and Gentlemen (or 'Ladies, gentlemen, and nonbinary peeps', if you prefer :-) ), my NEW SKIN...

the Dainese AVRO D2:
Diavolo, comprai la mia Dainese modello Star nel 1997 o 1998, fatta su misura: il tizio del negozio mi palpeggiò senza ritegno per misurare ogni singolo centimetro del mio corpo... e circa dopo uno o due mesi avevo la mia bellissima tuta in pelle 'cucita' attorno al mio corpo poco più che ventenne.
La pagai molto, era SU MISURA diamine... ed ora non capisco per quale motivo questa tuta non mi va più bene! Diavolo s'è ristretta, specie sul ventre! PAZZESCO.

Il problema della tuta ristretta, poi, mi costringeva ad usare la tuta intera racing anche per strada... cosa estremamente comoda mentre vai... estremamente scomoda quanto ti fermi... specie se devi andare al cesso!

Quindi, poche frottole: mi serviva una tuta nuova!

Nonostante questo incredibile problema manifestato dalla vecchia Dainese Star, sono sempre stato fedele al marchio. Dopotutto la Star mi ha salvato la vita un (bel) po' di volte. Così come l'ha fatto la tuta racing intera, sempre della Dainese, rigorosamente autografata da Sua Altezza Marco Lucchinelli (campione del mondo del 1981 nella classe 500 su Suzuki).

Quindi, assicurandomi di prendere qualche taglia in più, ancora una volta, ho riposto la fiducia in Dainese.

Quindi, qui di seguito... le mie vecchie tute... i segni del tempo... e.... Siori e Siore (e Siorǝ :-) ), la mia NUOVA PELLE...

la Dainese AVRO D2:



the mighty, glorioius sadly shrunk Star:
Dainiese Star
Collecting bugs for 25 years!
Must have been Misano approx year 2000


The Racing Skin of the beast, autographed by another beast:
Leather of the beast
Hail Marco Lucchinelli (cannot wash this one!!)
Rijeka, Croatia :-)
Adria, Italy :-)


and the NEW SKIN, Dainese Avro D2:

2 comments:

  1. Wow 🤩 che storia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! May it protect u well! 🙂👍
    // Piccolo Puffo

    ReplyDelete