Sunday, April 25, 2021

Mirror issue at over 200km/h

Lock down, or whatever it gets called, seems to endure for whatever reason. Not caring about it at all, and with this warm spring day, I went out for a brisky ride, on the hills in my area. I wasn't the only one... indeed I decided to go after the umpteenth sport bike rode by in the streed next to my place.
Racing leathers on and full throttle in my mind! Ha! The need for speed never fades away!
Out there the traffic is close to zero, since no bar, pub or restaurant is open and people simply have nowhere to go; this way, before my eyes every road looked like a full speed playground.
This led me to the issue mentioned in the post's title: the Mirror!
After one of the sectors where I reached (and well passed) the 200 km/h threshold, the damn mirror bent inwards! Lesson learned: on a regular maintenance I usually check all bolts around, of course the important ones... and apparently I never thought the mirrors ones were among them!

Once I ended my ride, a quick fix should have solved the problem:
Il lock down, o come diavolo lo chiamano, sembra continuare per qualche ragione. Non importandomene molto, con questo caldo giorno di primavera, sono uscito per una motosgassata sulle colline dalle mie parti. Non ero il solo... infatti ho preso la decisione dopo che l'ennesima moto è passata per la strada vicino a casa mia.
Pensavo solo a tuta racing e gas spalancato! Ha! Quel bisogno di velocità sembra non scemare mai!
In giro non c'è traffico, in quanto nessun bar, pub o ristorante è aperto, quindi la gente non va da nessuna parte; in questa situazione, ai miei occhi ogni strada si è trasformata in un parco giochi per alte velocità.
E questo mi ha portato al problema citato nel titolo: lo specchietto!
In uno dei settori dove ho raggiunto (e superato) i 200km/h, il maledetto specchio si è piegato verso l'interno! Lezione imparata: quando faccio la normale manutenzione di solito controllo i vari bulloni, ovviamente quelli importanti... e apparentemente non ho mai pensato che quelli degli specchietti lo fossero!

A giro terminato, un veloce intervento dovrebbe aver risolto il problema:
On a side note, here's an after-the-rtide photo witnessing the warm season has finally arrived: Tra le altre cose, ecco una foto fatta dopo il giro che conferma che la stagione calda è finalmente arrivata:

No comments:

Post a Comment