Friday, June 27, 2014

Back to where I belong(ed) / Torno a ciò che appartengo (appartenevo)

So. After some 8 months of complete lack of activity (motorcyling, sports of any kind), after having parted ways with my belonged GSXR 666, after a lot of shit and crap, I got back on the saddle the old ancient 937, ofcourse having done a very proper and complete service (including suspensions job).
I had few smaller rides around home, say some 30km. My riding way is purely track oriented. Dangerous on the street if I don't set my mind. I find boring anything that isn't twisty and traffic less. But in the end I forced myself, to test me out, to ride some mountains... which is basically the reason why this blog came to live in the beginning.
I wanted some 6 passes, but had to take "only" 4 due to weather conditions... but still... I clocked something close to 300km and had fun.
Amazing how several years of track only riding turned my perception of speed and pace. I felt SLOW and quite STUCK. But all bikes I met were really slower than me! Any bike, sport, racers, tourer, two ups, motard, naked. "Cruising" my way I was simply overtaking all the time.
After all on a race track you always give the best and think you did the best lap time ever. That applies on the very first track day when you're basically using a speed that can be defined "old lady crossing the street"-speed, and also to the fastest lap ever you obtain after years of motivation and training. Your feelings will be, in both cases, that you were FAST, since in both cases you got close to your limits. But your limits move forward as experience builds up....
Well to avoid getting stuck in the overtaking duty, I stopped several times and took the pics you can enjoy below. This was in early June... let's see if I can reset my limits and do some REAL sequence of passes (at least 10-15), like I used to do, where I did belong.

Passes ridden:

Bene. Dopo circa 8 mesi di totale mancanza di attività (moto, qualsiasi sport), dopo aver dato l'addio alla mia amata GSXR 666, dopo un sacco di merda e rogne, sono tornato in sella, con la vecchia -antica- 937, non prima di aver fatto un tagliando completo, compresa la rigenerazione delle sospensioni.
Mi sono fatto dei piccoli giri attorno a casa, roba da 30km. Il mio stile di guida è puramente orientato alla pista. Pericoloso per strada se non ti concentri. Trovo noioso qualsiasi cosa che non sia piena di curve e in totale assenza di traffico. Ma alla fine mi sono auto imposto di mettermi alla prova, fare dei giri in montagna... che poi è la ragione per la quale questo blog è nato.
Volevo fare 6 passi, ma ne ho fatti "solo" 4 a causa del meteo... ma almeno... mi sono fatto quasi 300km e mi sono divertito.
E' impressionante come molti anni di sola guida in pista abbia cambiato la mia percezione di velocità e ritmo. Mi sentivo LENTO e INCHIODATO. Ma tutte le moto che ho incontrato erano più lente di me! Tutte, sportive, pistarole, turistiche, in due, motard, naked. "Passeggiando" con il mio ritmo mi trovavo a superare costantemente.
Dopo tutto in pista dai sempre il meglio e ti sembra sempre di aver fatto il miglior tempo. Questo vale per il tuo primo giorno in pista in assoluto, quando la tua velocità è paragonabile a quella di una vecchietta che attraversa la strada, ma vale anche per il giro più veloce in assoluto che riesci a fare dopo anni di motivazione ed allenamento. In entrambi i casi ti senti velocissimo, in quanto in entrambi i casi ti sei avvicinato ai tuoi limiti. Ma i tuoi limiti si spostano in avanti con l'esperienza maturata...
Beh, per evitare di continuare a sorpassare gente, mi sono fermato molte volte per fare le foto, alcune delle quali potete godervele qua sotto. Il giro risale agli inizi di Giugno... vediamo se ora posso ripristinare i miei limiti e fare una sequenza decente di passi (10-15 almeno), come era mia usanza fare, nel mondo al quale appartenevo.

Passi percorsi:


  • Rolle
  • Valles
  • San Pellegrino
  • Manghen

Rolle


Valles


Valles


San Pellegrino


San Pellegrino


San Pellegrino


Manghen (before/prima)


Manghen (before/prima)


Manghen (before/prima)


Manghen


Manghen


2 comments:

  1. i would love swim on Manghen pool. :)

    Jari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see that you're back in the saddle. :p
    // Piccolo Puffo

    ReplyDelete